Hiring a Handyman in Asheville NC
Are there any reasons not to own property in western North Carolina? Even during the pandemic that slowed many aspects of the economy here in Asheville, people continued buying property as frequently as ever. In anything, Asheville property values continued to climb as people across the country made decisions about where they wanted to work remotely. Many decided that if they were going to be stuck at home, they wanted it to be somewhere with a view. Our area is surrounded by beautiful views, natural scenery, and outdoor activities. Who would not want to live here?
As new residents continue to discover the wonders of Asheville, rental property owners have opportunities to reduce vacancy times and find excellent tenants. However, it is always challenging to keep up with repair and maintenance needs. Finding the right handyman is helpful, but how do you know if you can trust their work? We want to help you ask the right questions, so you can hire a repair person.
How To Hire a Repair Person for Your Rental Property
Here are seven questions to ask a potential repair person:
- What are your specialties? Everyone is better at some things than others. Even if your maintenance or repair person is multi-faceted, find out what their strengths and weaknesses are.
- Do they have certifications or licenses? It is always handy to hire a licensed professional. Whether it is a general contractor license, HVAC certifications, plumbing licenses, or electrical licensing, many projects require certifications.
- Do they have insurance and worker's comp? Sending someone into your rental property without the right insurance and worker's comp protection is a recipe for disaster.
- Is their work guaranteed? If they uncover an unexpected problem, what can you expect from the repair person? Will they do right by you, or will you be faced with hiring someone else to fix something correctly?
- What is their reputation? Reputation is everything for repair people. You need to ask any potential handyman about how their work is perceived. You can also seek out referrals and Google reviews to gain additional insight into their strengths.
- How do they communicate? You need a repair person who will communicate frequently and thoroughly. You want to know when they find something that could be an issue down the road.
One of the most important steps you can take to hire the best repair people possible is by trusting a professional property management company for your property maintenance and repair needs. Asheville Phoenix Properties has been helping property owners find the right repair vendors for many decades. We will handle both routine and emergency maintenance, take care of routine inspections, and manage any situations where conflict resolution is required. If you would like to know more about how you can trust your repair and maintenance needs to a professional team, contact Asheville Phoenix Properties today.